'GIPS COMPLIANCE NOTIFICATION FORM - The form required to be filed... to notify CFA Institute of a Firm's claim of compliance with the GIPS standards. '
This term is defined in the GIPS 2020 Exposure Draft as “The form required to be filed with CFA Institute to notify CFA Institute that the FIRM claims compliance with the GIPS standards.”
Key Points about This Term
- This term is new in the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) vocabulary.
- It comes with the incorporation of specific requirements for Firms and Asset Owners to notify CFA Institute when they first claim compliance with the GIPS Standards and annually thereafter for as long as they remain compliant.
- This is to help the CFA Institute track the number of Firms and Asset Owners claiming compliance globally and provide that information to the global investor public in one place.
- Fun Fact – It appears three (3) times in the Exposure Draft, including its appearance in the glossary of terms.
- Possible Evolution under new Standards – Here to stay as part of the new Standards.